Sunday 18 January 2015

Lancome hypnose drama mascara

So I bought this as part of a Christmas season holiday gift pack promotion which came with a mini eye makeup remover , eye kohl and hypnose mascara. I tried the hypnose drama and actually bought it on suggestion from the saleswoman . I actually hated this mascara for the brush being so awkwardly shaped and cumbersome and for getting mascara all over my lids . It gave volume but left my lashes looking spidery and any attempt to apply a second coat made them clump and pieces of lash fiber would break off !!! I forgot about this and bought Mac Haute and Naughty which I loved ! But don't get that in your eyes it burns like hell and also dissolves with watery eyes !!

I returned to my hypnose drama , and what a surprise !!! This time I was able to apply it better and it does give me uber volume for my fine medium length lashes. You have to use the spoon shaped brush first. Then turn it around to brush lashes upwards carefully . However I keep a cottonbud handy for lash smudges ...

Pros :
-Builds volume on wimpy lashes in one stroke to look fake (trust me on this one. I've used low to high end)
-doesn't run or smudge even with watery eyes
-doesn't burn or sting 
-no discernable lash loss when removing ... I like to rinse it off with water before using eyemakeup remover to reduce lash fall 
-unsure if it's this mascara or the lipocils treatment I'm using when I remember to. But my bottom lashes are much longer than I remember them to be 
-good pure black 
-no fragrance when wearing it , initially on application it has a weird nose drops scent 

Cons:
-if u get it on your upper inner lashline it can transfer to your bottom lashline in the day ... Cottonbud in the morning can prevent this 
-can flake but very mildly , talking one or two specs 

I just repurchased it a year later , so hopefully
it will work as well !

                     Packaging

                 Application wand 


No comments:

Post a Comment